Mother N. is beautiful when she’s in balance. That’s why we’ve taken two natural materials and woven them together to bring out the best of both. For every six fibres of strong, beautiful natural cotton, there are four fibres of stretchy, long-lasting natural rubber. Together, they create rope that stands the test of time, yet comforts with a smooth touch.
The consistent weave of our cotton rope is beautiful all on its own. So we don’t use any dyes or finishing layers that might detract from the raw colour or natural feel. You’ll enjoy the fresh look and subtle texture of this rope for a long time. But if you do ever decide to let it go, it’s completely biodegradable and can return to Mother N. How’s that for balance?
Use and care
- Keep cotton rope away from direct sunlight, heaters, wet or rough surfaces. They might damage the cotton and rubber fibres.
- Regularly run a soft brush over the rope to loosen dirt. Then vacuum gently. Be careful with brush accessories for your vacuum cleaner: hard brushes may cause damage.
- Remember: because it has no protective layer, cotton rope is prone to stains.
- Gently remove dust particles with a soft, dry, cotton cloth.
- If you spill water-soluble liquids (coffee, tea, milk etc.) on the rope, dab them immediately with a soft, clean, cotton, white cloth or absorbent paper. Next, rub the stain with a gentle, side-to-side motion using a soft, clean, white, cotton cloth dampened in lukewarm water. Leave the surface to dry.
- If you spill greasy substances (oil, chocolate, ketchup etc.), dab them carefully with absorbent paper. Then, use a pH-neutral detergent (like dishwashing detergent), just five drops diluted in one litre of warm water. The best way to clean is with a soft, clean, white, cotton cloth, dampened in the mixture, with gentle side-to-side motion. Do not rub vigorously.
- Test all cleaners first for the effect on a small piece of rope that is not immediately visible.